Competition is in all places no matter where you go, work or study. Students compete for grades, employees for promotion while others compete for their own personal reasons. Trust is something that is hard to give that is why with modern technology; a lot were developed to help secure things from people you are having doubts with.
For instance, if you are working freelance such as an event organizer and in your career, you have earned the trust of numerous clients, expect that there will always be someone who would want to compete with you. Well, apparently, this does not only apply in dramas or television shows but also in real life. There will always be that one evil stepmother who would try to grab Cinderella’s dream.
Try to picture yourself planning a big event for a well-known client. Of course, you would need to work on multiple tasks under time pressure and make sure everything flows smoothly as planned. Let us take the choice of venues as an example. Your client may give a specific description of what type of location they prefer. Now, you would need to look for various venues such as banquet venues in Orange County that fit the description. However, that doesn’t end the challenge because the availability of the place depends on the date of the event and how fast can you close the deal to have it reserved because in this world the phrase “first come first serve basis” is pretty famous.
In every step you take, there will always be a challenge, a competition to win in order to get what you really want. Thus, it is important that we are always secured with confidential files that we keep, especially with the technology we have nowadays, it is very easy to hack information.
Technology such as computers, laptops, tablets or even cell phones are gadgets that are being used to access or transfer files from one to another. If you are a techy person, you must know how to secure these gadgets and avoid having your things or information being stolen.
How To Keep Sensitive Information From Being Stolen
- Keep your gadgets safe by putting them in a well-secured bag or inside your front pocket. Nowadays, fashion stylist and producers have developed different types of bags that can secure your things from being stolen or that can alert you if someone is trying to open it while walking down the street.
- Make it a habit to lock your phones, tablets, laptops or computers when not in use. People nowadays are very quick with their actions when you are not looking. Also, do not just leave your valuable things unattended.
- You have to create a strong password. Do not use any information about you that a lot of people know. Be meticulous enough in choosing your password. It must always have one upper case letter, one smaller case letter, a number, and a special character. Also, it must be at least 8 characters long as always advised when creating a password in a certain website or software.
- If you are a person who easily forgets passwords, do not just write them in any paper or notebook. These things might get lost anytime. You may keep a list of passwords, however, make sure that this is well hidden that only you know where it is. In addition, you may also use software or websites that saves all your logins and passwords at the same time allows you to log in automatically when routed to a certain website. Although convenient to use, you still have to make sure and be careful with its features because hackers are very good at what they do.
- Lastly, do not be careless enough to join invites on accessing certain apps that you are not well familiar and not necessary in your job. It is a hacker way of entering your account and stealing information from you. It could be fun to play this kind of apps but it always better to be sure that you are secured than feeling regrets later on.